According to the Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles, of all traffic fatalities in 2019, 32% were alcohol-related in Virginia.
As a new community initiative, we are offering a Free Uber Ride Program to help reduce the number of drunk drivers on the road during the holidays.
We are committed to helping our community be safer and assist others in making the right decision to not drive under the influence.
See the Holiday Ride-Share Program below for full details.
How it Works:
The program is simple – if you drink over the holidays, take a ride with Uber and we will reimburse you for it!
We want you to make it home safe this holiday season.
Qualifying 2023 Holidays:
- July 4th,
- Labor Day,
- Thanksgiving Eve & Day, and
- New Year’s Eve & Day.
Details of the Program:
- Rides must be in the city of Richmond, Henrico County, or Chesterfield County
- Rides must be taken between 5 pm on the day of the holiday and 10 am the next morning.
- You must be of legal drinking age to qualify (21 and over).
- Valid for one, one-way ride to a safe destination.
- Limit one reimbursement per household.
- A maximum value of $25.00 anywhere within Henrico County, City of Richmond, or Chesterfield County (tip included)
Participation in this promotion is limited to the first 25 submissions.