LET OUR CAR ACCIDENT ATTORNEYS IN TUCKAHOE VIRGINIA HELP YOU MOVE FORWARDContact our firm now online or by phone at (828) 414-8614 to schedule a free case evaluation with our Tuckahoe car accident lawyers.
A car accident can turn your life upside down in an instant, leaving you grappling with medical bills, lost wages, and physical and emotional distress.
If you’ve been injured in a car accident, navigating the system to get compensation for these losses can seem daunting.
However, the guidance of experienced car accident attorneys can make a significant difference in your journey toward justice and recovery.
At River Run Law, our car accident attorneys are committed to helping victims through this difficult time.
With a track record of success and a passion for securing justice, we are here to guide you through the process and fight for the compensation you deserve.
If you have questions, please contact us online or call 828-414-8614.
Virginia Auto Accident Statistics
Auto accidents are far too common in Virginia, and they are getting more deadly.
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, nearly 300 people in Virginia died in vehicle-related traffic crashes in the first quarter of 2022 alone, a roughly 72% increase from the same period in 2021.
Per the same report, Virginia had the third-highest increase in accident deaths in the nation.
These facts and those reported by the Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles Crash Facts Reports emphasize how dangerous the state’s roads and highways can be. In 2022, the agency’s data was startling:
- Crashes – 122,434
- Fatalities – 1,005
- Injuries – 59,404
Unlike in most of the US, Virginia doesn’t require drivers to carry any amount of auto insurance coverage.
According to a study by the Insurance Research Council, nearly 11% of drivers in Virginia didn’t have it in 2021. These statistics highlight the importance of seeking the advice of a car accident lawyer in Tuckahoe if you are involved in an accident.
Common Causes of Car Accidents in Virginia
In Virginia, car accidents have a variety of causes. The most common include:
- Distracted Driving. One of the most common accident culprits are distractions such as cell phone use, eating, adjusting controls, or conversing while driving, which divert attention from the road and can lead to collisions.
- Speeding. Exceeding posted speed limits or driving too fast for the road conditions increases the likelihood of accidents while amplifying the impact of collisions.
- Alcohol or Drug Impairment. Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs impairs a driver’s judgment and coordination, resulting in a substantial number of accidents.
- Poor Weather Conditions. Driving in rain, snow, ice, or fog can be treacherous and often contributes to accidents due to reduced visibility and slippery road surfaces.
- Failure to Obey Traffic Laws. Everyone must operate by the rules of the road to stay safe. Disregarding traffic signals and stop signs and not yielding leads to accidents.
This list is not exhaustive, but are the most commonly reported causes by the Virginia Highway Safety Office.
When Do I Need to Contact an Attorney?
If you have suffered injuries in a car accident in Virginia, it’s important to contact an attorney as soon as possible. This is essential if there is a dispute about an accident’s fault, as this can reduce or even eliminate your recovery.
It is also a good idea to consult with an attorney if your injuries and losses are severe. This means the stakes are high, and having an attorney on your side can significantly affect how much compensation you receive.
And when it comes to obtaining compensation through the insurance company, the process is rarely straightforward. They might deny your claims, delay payments, or pressure you to accept an inadequate settlement, burdening you financially while trying to get back on your feet.
Why Do I Need a Tuckahoe Car Accident Attorney?
Contacting an attorney after a car accident is crucial for several reasons.
First and most importantly, the right car accident attorney is your guide throughout the entire process. An attorney can assist in gathering evidence to prove your claim, using their expertise to alleviate the stress of handling these matters alone.
Secondly, an attorney is your advocate, whether dealing with the at-fault party or negotiating with insurance companies. These companies might attempt to undervalue or deny your claim.
An experienced attorney understands how to negotiate and fight for fair compensation that reflects your losses, whether for medical expenses, lost wages, or vehicle repairs.
These attorneys possess the necessary knowledge to assess the situation, protect your rights, and guide you through potential legal proceedings. They will ensure your best interests are safeguarded every step of the way and fight for the best possible outcome.
What Should I Do After a Car Accident?
After a car accident, your safety is the most important thing. After you’ve ensured you are out of harm’s way and don’t need emergency medical assistance, you should keep a few things in mind to protect your rights.
- Check on those involved in the accident to ensure no one needs immediate medical care;
- Notify the proper authorities and medical personnel to attend the scene;
- Move vehicles if possible to reduce the risk of further collisions;
- Exchange insurance and contact information with any other drivers involved in the accident;
- Take witness statements or contact information;
- Document the damage to your vehicle by taking pictures;
- Make notes about the weather, road conditions, and other outside factors; and
- Contact an attorney to talk about your options.
Even if you don’t need emergency care immediately after an accident, you should still seek a medical evaluation in the following days to ensure there are no lingering injuries.
Contact Our Experienced Tuckahoe Car Accident Lawyers Today
We know that facing recovery after a car accident can be daunting.
At River Run Law, we help you get back on your feet. Our personal injury team has years of experience serving clients in the Tuckahoe and Richmond areas and will be your advocates as you seek the justice and compensation you deserve.
We offer potential clients a free consultation to assess their case, and our clients never owe any legal fees until and unless we recover compensation on their behalf.